Download: Lockdown Notice
In view of the Presidential 21 days Lockdown declaration following the outbreak of the CoronaVirus, community members are urged to take note of the following municipal operation guidelines with effect from midnight, Thursday 26 March 2020 until midnight, Thursday 16 April 2020.
The following categories of essential services will NOT be interrupted:
• Water and Sanitation (Vhembe District)
• Cashiers / Credit Control (Weekdays from 08h00 to 12h00)
• Traffic and Law Enforcement
• Refuse Removal
• Burial and cemetery services office (Weekdays from 08h00 to 12h00)
Community members are encouraged to observe the following measures throughout the Lockdown period to ensure social distancing and to prevent the risk of the CoronaVirus transmission.
• There will be strict controlled access to all municipal offices.
• All municipal public facilities are closed with immediate effect. This include but not limited to Libraries, Stadiums (Stadia), Showground, Halls, Golf Club, Gym, Rugby Club and all municipal meeting venues which are hired out to the public.
• Members of the public who wish to communicate with the municipality are encouraged to use emails, sms and social media.
• The municipality encourages consumers to make use of Electronic Funds Transfers and utilize authorised vendors to purchase electricity.
• Municipal Cemetery: Only one funeral service will take place at a time. Funeral times will be allocated to each bereaved family with a one hour interval from one burial to another.
The following contact numbers will be handy for assistance throughout the Lockdown period:
• Electricity: 0636867788 / 0834572183 / 0836303649
• Water and Sanitation (Vhembe District): 079 169 2122 / 071 356 2664 / 082 596 5041
• Cashiers / Credit Control: 015 534 6215
• Traffic and Law Enforcement: 082 885 6930 / 072 744 7006
• Refuse Removal: 076 062 2177 / 071 611 2444 / 082 613 6514
• Burial and cemetery services office: 015 534 6190
We urge community members to cooperate and observe the above guidelines throughout the Lockdown period.
Remember to stay at home and avoid unnecessary movements!
Issued by: Musina Municipality Communications Unit
Tel : 015 534 6132
Mobile : 083 457 2187
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.musina.gov.za
Facebook : Musina Local Municipality